Monday 12 December 2011

UK Championship 2011 Day 9 - Naughty Judd Trump is the New UK Champion

Judd Trump is the new winner of UK Championship by beating Mark Allen 10-8. Congratulations and good ending for this year!

A Passionate kiss on the beautiful trophy
Trump won the opener by 70 before Allen taking the next three to lead 3-1 with 56 and 141 at the interval. However, the match turned upside down to end the first session, Trump won all four frames after the mid session interval to lead 5-3 due to a few careless misses by The Pistol. Trump established a two-frame cushion before the final session at 8pm.

The 22-year-old from Bristol started the night session with a century 109. In the next frame, Allen started off with 40 but Trump cleared with 78 to lead 7-3. The Ace fired with 74 to extend his giant lead to 8-3 before Allen ended Trump's run of winning seven frames in a row with total clearance of 139 to trail 4-8 at interval. Allen won the first frame after interval with 129 but Trump reached the match point 9-5 with 76.

Allen gave an amazing fight back
This did not frustrate Allen, he continued his fightback with 125 and 95 to trail 8-9. Allen grabbed the first chance in frame 18 but was unlucky to see it rattle in the jaws and finish close to a baulk corner, leaving Trump an easy opener. Trump made no mistake again and 91 became his title-winning break. This title Judd Trump is the second ranking title of the year for Trump, after his first succeed in China in April. 

First UK title for Trump
"It feels amazing," said Trump. "It's an unbelievable feeling to win this tournament. I needed to step my game up and I did it. All week I've had support from my family and friends." Asked if he would celebrate with any 'naughty' behaviour, Trump added: ""I won't be naughty now until after the World Championship. I can't buy a Ferrari as I need to get my no claims bonus up, the insurance would not be pretty. But I'll have a brilliant Christmas and go into next year feeling positive. I can't wait for the Masters, to see what the atmosphere is like at Ally Pally.

The Runner-up but had an amazing fight back said: "I came here to win the tournament and I haven't done that, but at least I got over the semi-final hurdle. I have showed that I can handle the big occasion and that stands me in good stead."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment